Today we visited Royal Gorge in southwest Colorado Rockies. Its a canyon 1000 ft. deep that the Arkansas River runs through. A suspension bridge for tourist was built over it during the Great Depression and with additional surrounding dog & pony shows its quite the big event in the middle of almost nowhere of the Colorado wilderness. Add in many a RV sites what was once barely hospitable cattle ranching country is now thriving touris
Now its one thing to cross over a bridge that's say 100 ft. over a river, that's high up, but 1,053 ft over the river with shear granite walls, that's scary to cross over on a wooden plank suspension bridge. Minus a few scares by my fearless son, the day went over quite well and now I think I need blood pressure medicine if I take Mikey near any more precipices, he just isn't scared of heights for nothing in addition to not being cautious about them can really scare a dad. But he's still so AWESOME. I love my boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment